THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
WHO WILL FOLLOW THIS NOTICE?
OUR PLEDGE REGARDING YOUR PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION
- Make sure that medical and other information that identifies you (protected health information) is kept private.
- Give your this notice of our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to protected health information about you.
- Follow the terms of the notice that is currently in effect.
USES AND DISCLOSURES FOR TREATMENT, PAYMENT AND HEALTH CARE OPERATIONS
Other uses and disclosures of your protected health information
Uses and disclosures for appointment reminders
Uses and disclosures to others involved in your healthcare
Uses and disclosures in emergency situations
Uses and disclosures for health-related benefits or services
Uses and disclosures required by law
Uses and disclosures related to communicable diseases
Disclosures for health oversight activities
Disclosures of abuse or neglect
Disclosures to the food and drug administration
Disclosures for lawsuits and disputes
Disclosures to law enforcement
Disclosures to coroners, funeral directors, and organ donation
Disclosures for research
Disclosures related to criminal activity
Disclosures for Workers’ Compensation
YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
Right to inspect and copy
Right to request restrictions
- What information you want to limit.
- Whether you want to limit our use, disclosure, or both.
- To whom you want the limits to apply.
Right to confidential communications
Right to amend
Right to an accounting of disclosures
Right to a paper copy of this notice
You may obtain a copy of this Notice at our website: http://www.lungcare.net
To obtain a paper copy of this Notice, contact 239-437-6670
To learn more about these procedures, or to make any of these requests, you should contact our Office Manager at 239-437-6670.