COVID-19 Vaccines in Florida: Where to Get One in Southwest Florida
Table of Contents
Florida is administering COVID-19 vaccines from Pfizer and Moderna to adults 65 and older, health care workers and long-term care residents and staff as of January 2021. The following COVID-19 vaccines have received emergency use authoriza.
WHAT YOU CAN DO RIGHT NOW
Following are specific information regarding COVID-19 vaccination in Lee, Collier and other Southwest Florida counties (CLICK the link as follows).
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- There is no fee for the vaccine.
- Reservations are required to visit the vaccination site. You should plan to arrive no earlier than 45 minutes before your designated appointment time.
- Please bring government-issued identification (Healthcare workers bring a copy of your ID badge or a current pay stub).
- Be prepared by bringing water, snacks, and any medication you need. Wear comfortable clothing and shoes appropriate for the weather conditions.
- Expedite the process and print and complete the FDOH Moderna vaccine screening and consent form before you arrive.
I am encouraging all recipients who receive the vaccine to enroll in v-safe. This is a smartphone tool you can use to tell CDC if you have any side effects after getting a COVID-19 vaccine. If you report serious side effects, someone from CDC will call to follow up. I will give you instructions for how to enroll.
People are asked to stay at the site to be monitored for adverse effects for 15-30 minutes, including allergic reactions, though these are rare. Those experiencing any post-vaccine sensations can call over a medical professional to address concerns.
Delayed reactions are possible including allergic reactions or worrying side effects after returning home. If that happens, immediately seek medical help.
QUESTIONS ABOUT A SLEEP ISSUE? LET’S TALK.
Imtiaz Ahmad, MD, MPH, FCCP
Dr. Imtiaz Ahmad is a highly qualified physician, Board Certified in Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine. He has been actively serving the community of Lee County, Florida since 2004, with a strong focus on a proactive healthcare approach. Dr. Ahmad has received advanced training from some of the most prestigious institutions, including Harvard University, Cornell University, State University of New York at Brooklyn, and the University of Mississippi. SOMNAS is a medical facility that is committed to improving and maintaining the health of patients with sleep disorders. The expert team at SOMNAS is known for their compassionate and high-quality care. They offer unparalleled treatment and care to patients on the Gulf Coast of Florida, ensuring a better and healthier life for them.
Job Title: Board Certified in Pulmonary Medicine