7 Signs You’re Having a Sleep Apnea Episode: A blog about signs of sleep apnea and how to prevent episodes
You snore. You feel tired during the day. Or, you have to drag yourself out of bed in the morning because you stay up so late. But, do you know if this means you have sleep apnea? If any of these applies to you, here are 7 signs that you’re having a sleep apnea episode.
7 signs that you're having a sleep apnea episode:
- Loud snoring: One of the most common signs of sleep apnea is loud and persistent snoring.
- Gasping or choking during sleep: People with sleep apnea may also experience episodes of gasping or choking during the night.
- Daytime fatigue: People with sleep apnea may feel excessively tired during the day, even after a full night’s sleep.
- Difficulty staying asleep: People with sleep apnea may also have trouble staying asleep, as the constant pauses in breathing can cause them to wake up frequently throughout the night.
- Morning headaches: Another common sign of sleep apnea is waking up with a headache in the morning.
- Difficulty concentrating: People with sleep apnea may also have trouble concentrating during the day due to lack of sleep.
- Mood changes: People with sleep apnea may also experience mood changes, such as irritability and depression, due to lack of restful sleep.
prevention for sleep apnea :
- Losing weight
- Avoiding alcohol and sedative before sleep
- Sleeping on your side
- Using a nasal spray or nasal decongestant
- Consult a doctor if the above methods don’t work.
Imtiaz Ahmad, MD, MPH, FCCP
Dr. Imtiaz Ahmad is a highly qualified physician, Board Certified in Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine. He has been actively serving the community of Lee County, Florida since 2004, with a strong focus on a proactive healthcare approach. Dr. Ahmad has received advanced training from some of the most prestigious institutions, including Harvard University, Cornell University, State University of New York at Brooklyn, and the University of Mississippi. SOMNAS is a medical facility that is committed to improving and maintaining the health of patients with sleep disorders. The expert team at SOMNAS is known for their compassionate and high-quality care. They offer unparalleled treatment and care to patients on the Gulf Coast of Florida, ensuring a better and healthier life for them.
Job Title: Board Certified in Pulmonary Medicine