Spring Forward Feeling Rested: How to avoid loss of sleep from daylight savings time
how does daylight savings affect sleep
- Wake up fifteen to thirty minutes earlier leading up to the daylight savings switch.
- Get regular exercise during the day.
- Reset your clock the day before so you go to sleep earlier and have more time to rest.
- Take a midafternoon nap the day of to stay rested.
- Stay inside during the last hour of light the day before to start helping reset the circadian biological clock.
Imtiaz Ahmad, MD, MPH, FCCP
Dr. Imtiaz Ahmad is a highly qualified physician, Board Certified in Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine. He has been actively serving the community of Lee County, Florida since 2004, with a strong focus on a proactive healthcare approach. Dr. Ahmad has received advanced training from some of the most prestigious institutions, including Harvard University, Cornell University, State University of New York at Brooklyn, and the University of Mississippi. SOMNAS is a medical facility that is committed to improving and maintaining the health of patients with sleep disorders. The expert team at SOMNAS is known for their compassionate and high-quality care. They offer unparalleled treatment and care to patients on the Gulf Coast of Florida, ensuring a better and healthier life for them.
Job Title: Board Certified in Pulmonary Medicine